Hmm. I'm not entirely sure we had a lot of Christmas day traditions, but I'm going to give it a shot.
1. Waiting to come down the stairs - Mom and Dad made us wait at the top of the stairs while they took pictures, and did who knows what while we sat there FOREVER!!! Finally, one of us would be allowed down the stairs and the other two had to continue our wait while we could hear she-who-was-luckiest gasp with excitement. At last the anticipation turned to glee as we flew down the stairs to see what Santa had brought. I miss that tradition. It's hard to carry it on, however, when I'm the only kid at home on Christmas, and Mom and Dad usually have to wake me up on Christmas morning now.
2. Taking turns opening gifts - Some might find this tradition tedious and frustrating, but I secretly enjoyed it, because it prolonged the excitement of opening my gifts. We still do this, and I'm glad! Now I enjoy opening my presents, but I can hardly contain my excitement as each family member opens the gifts I have put so much energy and thought into.
3. Bubble Ring - Yes, this gets two posts. It is a favorite food and a favorite tradition. It would NOT be Christmas without Bubble Ring for breakfast after opening gifts. The best part of being the only kid at home on Christmas morning? More bubble ring for me! :)
4. Stuffing stockings - This is a fairly new tradition. A couple of years ago I decided it would be fun to sneak a few little gifts into my parents' stockings after they went to sleep. It was so fun to watch their faces the next morning as they were surprised by gifts they weren't expecting and knew they hadn't put in each other's stocking. It's not such a surprise any more, but I still enjoy doing it.
Christmas Day traditions, anyone?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Putting up the ornaments, one for every year, this years was especially pretty, picked out by my mother:)
Post a Comment