Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Favorites: Christmas Movies

Today wasn't any better than yesterday. So I continue with trying to focus on the good parts of Christmas. Tonight...movies. (Just so you know, the numbers have absolutely no significance. I just like to make nice, neat, numbered lists. It's an illness.)

1. White Christmas - I love Bing Crosby. I love Danny Kaye. This movie is funny and heartwarming all at the same time. And I really want one of those red cloaks trimmed in white fur like the sisters wear at the end.

2. Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer/Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town - It just wasn't Christmas until we watched these movies when I was little. I especially remember one year when Mom made tomato soup with dumplings for us to eat while we watched Rudolf. Yummy!

3. Elf - Hilarious!

4. Mr. Krueger's Christmas - This movie makes me think of Chorale. We watched this once at a Christmas activity and my friend Derek could say "would you like to come in for some chocolate?" just like Jimmy Stuart. I must have made him say it 4,000 times that year. I especially like the part where Mr. Krueger is in the Nativity. It makes me cry.

What are your favorite Christmas movies? I'm sorry if you get annoyed that I keep asking for your favorites. Get over it. I like to know what you think. I already know what I like. ;)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I like all the Christmas standards, but my guilty pleasure is Three Wise Guys. A made for TV wonder (Lifetime channel?) about the mob. Nothing says holiday warmth like hitmen!