Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Rat Pack

This year I decided to splurge a little and buy season tickets to Broadway Across America. My decision was heavily influenced by the fact that "Wicked" is coming here next spring, and I wanted to ensure that I would be able to go without worrying about tickets selling out before I could get any. As it turns out, I will get to go twice!!! I can't wait.

But back to the present, or more accurately, the recent past. Last night was the first of our four "season" shows. On the drive to the theater, the effect of the sunset on the clouds of the coming storm was breathtaking. The picture doesn't really do it justice, but this is a hint of what it looked like:


The show was...

That's right, "The Rat Pack". Not the real Rat Pack, though. I would have had to make a trip to the "other side" for that. Although I'm sure the trip would be worth it!

The performers were pretty good, but they weren't nearly close enough to the real Frank, Dean, and Sammy to satisfy me. However, the show was entertaining, and the band was AMAZING!!!! I could have happily listened to the band for several more hours. I wanted to take a picture during the show, because the backdrop was cool, but I was afraid that if I did, my camera would be confiscated. Those theater people seem to frown on picture taking.

Ugh! Now I have to wait clear till February for our next show. At least I have a trip and some holidays to keep me distracted until then. The countdown is on!

3 comments:

Yours, Truly said...

So, as much as I love you most of the time, I am thinking that I really don't like you right now!!!! I have been telling Ryan for YEARS that I want Season Tickets, but, alas, we are always too poor to get them. You are so lucky!!! Have Wicked tickets gone on sale yet???

Heidi said...

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that show. I'm glad you got tickets this year.

Cass said...

Glad you enjoyed it!