Day Three: California Adventure & Disneyland
On Friday we started out at California Adventure. Both Disneyland and California Adventure were decorated for Halloween. It was darling.
Cute Halloween decorations at California Adventure
Keith, Savannah, Jade, Jantz, me, and Mom in front of the California Screamin' roller coaster
Most of the rides at California Adventure were broken, so that was disappointing. We did get to go on California Screamin'. Notice Jantzen's hat in the picture above. It's his favorite hat. When we went on the roller coaster, Dayna and I kept warning Jantz to take his hat off or at least turn it around backward. I even gave it one last ditch effort just as the ride was starting. Jantz just adjusted the hat lower on his head. For those of you who haven't seen/ridden the ride, you slowly "roll" out of the loading area, and then you stop. After a countdown, you are launched from zero to 55 mph in like a second, and you are totally up to speed before you start up the first hill. Just before we started up the first hill, I saw Jantzen's hat fly right off his head.
After we got off the ride, I wanted to go look in the water to see if we could see the hat. Imagine our surprise when we saw it here:
Jantzen's favorite hat is the dark spot in the middle of the pictureYep. His hat was lying on the walkway on the far side of the track, which was across several feet of water. Jantz talked to several employees, filed a report about it, and Sunday night they called to tell him they had the hat. Jantz was so happy to get it back!
We also got to ride Tower of Terror. Mom is afraid of heights, but she rode it with us...way to be brave, Mom!!!

There we are in the back row. I LOVE this ride!
After that we decided to head back over to Disneyland, since all the other rides were broken. We were really tired after two days of walking all over the world, so after riding Indiana Jones again, we headed back to the hotel. But not before I got a picture of my favorite flower...

My favorite flower is the Hibiscus. Doesn't matter what color!
Day Four: Disneyland with Mom
On Saturday, Dayna's family decided to drive to San Diego and go to Sea World. Since Mom and I were planning to go to San Diego on Monday, we stayed in Anaheim and went to Disneyland for one last day. At Mom's request, we rode Splash Mountain again. Mom found it just as scary the second time, and I'm not sure if we'll be able to talk her into going on it again. I got even wetter this time...somehow I ended up in the very front seat both times!
Mom is probably going to kill me for posting this picture, but it's so funny!
The Cheshire Cat...and meWe rode a few rides, including Mom's favorite (and definitely a favorite of mine), Indiana Jones. We also took a few pictures. Then we decided that we were really tired, it was really crowded, and we had ridden everything we wanted to ride, so we called it an early day and headed back to the hotel.
When Dayna, Keith, and the kids got back from Sea World, I found out that Keith had worn his hat on a roller coaster there, and, sure enough, he lost his hat! Unfortunately, they weren't able to recover his. I hope it wasn't his favorite.
Well, it's really late, so I'll have to finish up the synopsis another day. See you soon!


3 comments:
Thanks for posting about your trip! It was really fun to see the fun you guys had (even without us!!) I can't wait to see even more pics and hear more about it!
Your mom is such a good sport!
Love the hat story :) Looks like a blast, I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment