Do you ever have those days where you feel really alone, even if you're with other people? Well I was having one of those at church today. Because I arrived at church earlier than usual, I ended up sitting by myself in the middle of a row in the back. A couple of people came in and sat at both ends of the row, but I didn't know them. Normally, I don't mind going to church alone, and sitting by myself, but today I was feeling a bit sad about it. After sitting there for an hour watching all of the people who weren't sitting alone, I started toward the Primary Room.
As I was walking down the hall, still feeling lonely, I realized that there was someone walking near me. I turned to see a member of my ward, whom I have spoken to a few times, but I don't know him very well. Anyway, he greeted me with a smile, and asked why he hasn't seen me for awhile. (Don't worry...I still go to church, I've just been cloistered in primary.) Then as we were going our separate ways, he patted me on the back, and told me it was good to see me. Such a little thing for him to go out of his way to say hi, and yet with that small act of kindness, he left me feeling a lot less alone today.
Our primary lesson was about gratitude, and today I am grateful for someone who said hi.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I'm glad that someone looked after you. Today was the first time in a while that I HAVEN'T felt alone in church. I guess you caught it from me!
I totally get it
I am glad that Heavenly Father was watching out for you, and letting you know He's there, through the hands of a servant. I'm sorry you felt so alone. I love you to death, Misty!!
oh, by the way, Emilee just informed me that she found Nancy's blog. . .it's really weird!!
Post a Comment