It was my week to teach the primary lesson, and today the lesson was "Remember To Say Thank You". It was all about how important it is to be thankful, and to say thank you to those who help us or do something nice for us. I brought cardstock, crayons, and stickers, and let the kids write thank you notes to someone, and they had a great time coloring pictures and writing thank you to their parents, siblings, etc.
As part of the lesson, I had written a note to each member of my class, thanking them for the things I see them do in primary, and thanking them for being in my class. I gave them the notes at the end of class to take home (I didn't want them opened in class because I had written something different to each child, and I didn't want any hurt feelings).
This evening, I was in my room reading a book, when I heard a knock at the front door. Heidi answered it and called me down. There on the porch was one of the boys in my class with his family. He was standing there holding a plate of cookies, and a note he had written to me. The note says "Thank you. I love you. Love, Scott" and it has pictures of cookies on it. His mom explained to me that she read him the note from me after church, and as soon as she finished he went right over and started drawing me a picture. His dad told me that he drew the cookies on the note and then wanted to make some cookies for me. It was all Scott's idea. What a cutie!

It was so sweet and completely made my day! I am going to hang Scott's note up on my wall to remind me that these sweet little children are listening and learning even when it isn't immediately apparent.


2 comments:
That is the cutest thing ever!! I seriously almost cried reading it!! Way to go, teacher!!
You forgot the part about how we hid in the dark the first time they came to the door because we didn't want to be bothered.
Post a Comment