Me, Savannah, and Cody working on Savannah's riding technique.
Saturday was Breklin's first time being on a horse, and she was so brave! She was calm and smiling the whole time, and she kept leaning forward to pat Cody's neck while she rode. I think somehow Mandy has ended up with a mini-Misty on her hands. Breklin loves to dance, loves horses, and is very stubborn. Yep. Definitely my mini-me! Sorry, Mandy!!!

Breklin on Cody for the first time by herself.
I think she enjoyed it. What do you think?
After a little persuasion, I even talked Mandy into getting on the horse with Breklin for a short ride. Mandy was nervous, but she did great! Even my mom was very brave. Cody was right up by her multiple times during the day, and she was cool as a cucumber...at least on the outside. I haven't asked her how she really felt about it yet.

Mandy and Breklin on Cody. Don't they both look like naturals?
I was completely hammered by the time I got home. Nothing like five or so hours of walking around to tire you out, not to mention helping people onto and off of the horse, hauling saddles, etc. I wouldn't trade any of the work, though. I love it! I find it relaxing and rewarding. It was definitely one of the best Saturdays I can think of. Thank you, Aunt Janet, for being so willing to share Cody with us, and for being so sweet about sitting in the heat for hours on end just so we can have a good time. WE LOVE YOU!!!!



2 comments:
Very cute pics!! Thanks again for helping all of us ride!!
Breklin looks ready for her own horse now! :)
Post a Comment