Wednesday, March 12, 2008

TGIW?

Thank Goodness It's Wednesday. This last week has been unbelievably crazy. Some good, some not so good, but since I'm tired of being grumpy (and believe me, I've been grumpy...sorry!), I'm going to focus on the good parts.

Over the weekend I was able to attend the wedding luncheon and reception of a good friend. Heather is such a sweetheart and it was great to see her so happy! It was also really fun to see friends I haven't seen in a long time and spend some time catching up. I miss my friends from Ogden/Layton/Bountiful. I also got a little ego boost this weekend which was kind of fun. It's a long story, so I'll just say that sometimes it's nice to know that someone is interested in you, even if it wouldn't work out.

Since I was "up north" for the weekend, I got to spend some time with my little sister and her family. That is always good for a laugh, and I got quite a few of them. For one thing, there is nothing more funny than a cute, feisty, four year old red head who insists she doesn't want breakfast because she already ate breakfast after her nap (when really she had just woken up for the day). It's also hard to top the amusement you can get from playing Guitar Hero until one in the morning with your brother-in-law who wants to get "a perfect score on just this one song before you leave", and then ends up messing up the first twelve notes about 14 million times and starting the song over again before you can even play one note...Love ya, Erik!

Just to push the positive attitude a little further, here's what I have to look forward to in the next few days (in order of occurrence):
1. Sleep
2. LOST
3. Friday
4. Two whole days off of work (hopefully!)
5. Hanging with my family (I think Erik wants to try to beat Guitar Hero again)
6. Seeing my niece perform in her school play

Okay, I'm pushing the limits of my optimism, so I'm going to go work on number 1. Bye!

P.S. I just came across some fabulous news! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) will be made into two movies!!! YEA!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Brian and Amelia said...

You are such a sweetie. I'm glad your weekend was good. I hear you on trying to find the positive side to things, sometimes. Let me know if I can ever do anything! We'd love to come see you sometime!

Heidi said...

Woo hoo! That's good HP news. Where do you think they'll break the story?

Misty said...

I'm not sure. I just hope they don't leave Harry and company camping out for six months. Without spoiling for those who may not know, maybe right after Harry, Ron, Hermione, Luna, Dean, Mr. Olivander, and Dobby arrive at Shell Cottage. It's right after the excitement of Malfoy Manor, and right before things really get serious!

Virginia said...

Okay, this week is practically over. Hang in there! Guess what, I missed Lost. I'll have to watch it online on Friday.

Lindsay Thacker said...

Hey I tagged you! Go to our blog to see whats next. HAVE FUN!