I've been meaning to post about this for quite awhile, but let's just say life has been over the top crazy lately and leave it at that.
Anyway, I know my last post was confusing, and a little sad which was exactly how I felt when I wrote it. However, a very unexpected blessing came from that experience. I'll try to explain in a way that makes sense even though I don't want to share the specifics in such a public forum. It comes down to this...
I found the blog of someone I used to know. In reading the blog, I found information that was painful for me to read. I was sad. And I wished I had never found the information. The blog wasn't easy to find, but once I found a little information, I just kept chasing it until I ended up with the whole story. In my last post I proposed the possibility that God keeps certain information from us to protect our feelings and keep us from hurting. And I really do believe that's true. If I hadn't actively sought the information, though difficult to find, I would never have known what happened to those people from my past and could have gone obliviously on with my life.
But here's where the unexpected blessing comes. I was hurt and felt regret for about a day. And then the most beautiful thing happened. Not only was I blessed with peace, but I was blessed with a level of closure that I had never had regarding that situation/those relationships. Once again I see that even when I do something dumb and bring pain upon myself, God still blesses me, loves me, and fixes the hurt. I am truly so blessed.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment