I promised in my last post that I would explain more about the kittens, so here goes:
Last October, we found four cute, furry little kittens keeping warm under our deck. Their mom was occasionally around, and they came and went. We didn't pay a whole lot of attention to them, except to enjoy the fact that there were no mice around the house all winter. YEA!!! Two of the four kittens eventually disappeared, and I tell myself that they have been adopted into loving homes. The other two kittens, and Mom still come around sometimes, so we have named them. I named the mom Elphaba, from Wicked, because she can be so mean. Heidi named the tabby cat Groban, after Josh Groban, and the third cat has a crazy name. She is a grey cat that was born with only three legs and a stump. My friends Heather and Jaclyn saw her first and called her Tripod. My roommate Jalizabeth called her Hobbles, and Heidi called her Stumpy, so I combined the three and we call her Stumpoddles.
Last week I came home to the news that there were two new kittens living under our deck. Then Heidi saw a third, and last Thursday, I came home to find five cute little kittens playing in our backyard. They have become a hot neighborhood attraction. Today, Heidi and I were outside enjoying the silliness of little kittens. The neighbors came over with their little boy, and Heidi's sister, Emily, and her husband Jacob came to see the kittens, too. I'm not sure who made the discovery, because I was inside for a minute, but I came back outside to the news that not only does Elphie have the five little kittens hanging out under our deck, but Stumpoddles apparently has two younger, smaller kittens that she is living with way under the deck.
So, we have seven kittens, three cats, two humans, and a partridge in a pear tree at our house. Okay, so there's no partridge or pear tree, and there had better not be any more cats either!!!!
Does anyone out there want a kitten or two? Let me know! I'll post pictures later.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I think that the universe is trying to tell us something. And I don't think it's a good thing.
Post a Comment