Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day Five: Missoula Continued

Missoula again today. I was really lazy today and didn't even finish getting ready until 2:00pm. Mom and I grabbed a quick lunch and headed out to the Smokejumper Visitor Center. It was really fascinating, but the tour moved quickly and we were touring the facility while some of the Smokejumpers were there working on things, so I didn't want to take pictures and bother them. (They didn't look very pleased about the whole picture thing.) To my dismay, the only picture I got was of me outside the Visitor Center. But here it is for you to enjoy!

After the Smokejumper tour, we went to a bookstore called "Bird's Nest Books". They are a bookstore/book exchange that carries rare and out of print books. I found a book about the Vigilantes of Montana, and a book about the gold rush in Alder Gulch which is the area of Nevada City and Virginia City. I can't wait to start reading them.

We'll be off to some new adventures again tomorrow. I'll try to take more entertaining pictures.

1 comment:

Brian and Amelia said...

More entertaining pictures?! What could be better than pictures of you! Thanks for the updates!