Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Little Thing = Big Difference

Not a great day. Started out rough. Not enough sleep. Had a headache. And someone decided that the freeway doesn't need it's top seven layers, so if you drive on it, you are at serious risk of an accident or a shattered windshield. Of course, I remembered that just as I was about to get on the freeway this morning. So I quickly detoured and went through town. My 12 minute drive took 30 minutes.

The day continued steadily down hill. Work was stressful. People were grumpy. Didn't cross anything off today's To Do list. Was too busy putting out other people's fires.

Then...driving home. Ruminating over all the yuckiness of the day. My phone rang. I answered. My friend from Seattle is in town. Just talking to him made me happy. And he's supposed to come by later tonight to say hi! Can't wait.

Just one little two-minute phone call, and it made all the difference in the world.

1 comment:

Brian and Amelia said...

I'm so glad!! What a great friend! I hope he came to visit, and I hope it made your day EVEN BETTER!! I'm sorry your day was so rough. :(