Monday, February 2, 2009

Lava Hot Springs

My parents have a time share in Lava Hot Springs, and every winter we spend a weekend laughing, eating, shopping, and playing games. Oh, and we watch the Super Bowl. But I REALLY don't want to talk about that. Anyway, we had a great time, even if I was sick for part of the weekend. My Friday was taken up with packing, loading the car, going to work for a meeting, driving, loading my parents' car (no one can pack a car quite like me!) and more driving. We got to the condo, had dinner, and then Erik and I went to sit in the hot tub before going back to our rooms to go to bed.

Saturday is our traditional shopping day. The girls always drive into Pocatello to go shopping. Usually it's just the adult girls, but this time we took the little girls, too. That made shopping a bit more exciting than I was planning on, and of course I got suckered/guilted into buying things for Breklin and Kambrie. After a long afternoon of shopping, we headed back to the condo to have dinner, celebrate Breklin's birthday, and then Erik, Mom, and I went for a hot tub soak again.

Sunday brought a relapse of the flu I thought I was over, so I mostly just lounged and read a book. (In case you were wondering, I read "Makeover" by Shannon Guymon. It was cheesy and predictable, but I enjoyed it anyway.) In the evening we played some games and watched the Super Bowl, which for us this year meant mostly the commercials. LOVED the Doritos commercial with the snow globe. I think it was my favorite.

Sadly, as it does every year, Monday came too soon. After breakfast, a shower, and a delicious lunch, all the kids hit the road. Mom and Dad got to stay for the rest of the week. They are so lucky. On the positive side, we all made it home safely. Overall, it was a good weekend, and I have plenty more to look forward to this year, so stay tuned!

Mandy and Kambrie hanging at the condo.

Breklin driving a semi at the mall.

Kambrie driving a jeep. She only enjoyed it as long as Grandma was holding her hand. When Grandma let go, she wanted out!

Breklin and Grandma making cookies.
They ended up being our appetizer for lunch today.

2 comments:

The Shegrud Family said...

Cute pics...I'm glad you thought to take some...cuz I didn't!!!

Brian and Amelia said...

Looks like a ton of fun! I'm sorry you were sick, though!