That's right...one hundred eleven to zero.
Dance Recital: Breklin had her summer dance recital on the Saturday after Ed Week, so I headed up for that. It was very short, which was kind of nice, since it was held at an aquatic center, and our tickets included swimming. Breklin's dance was to the song "Jump" by the Pointer Sisters. It was a really cute dance, and the most fun thing about it for me, was that I had done a clogging dance to that same song when I was about eight. I was singing along during her dance, but quietly, so only Dayna could hear.
Grandpa's Birthday/Family Reunion: At the end of August, my grandpa (on my dad's side) had his 88th birthday, so to celebrate, a couple of my aunts planned a party/family reunion in Idaho Falls over Labor Day weekend. We left on Saturday morning and headed up to the park. I had such a great time at the party. I got to see cousins and aunts and uncles that I haven't seen for about eight years, and I also got to meet some of my cousins' kids that I hadn't seen in real life before. I was so busy playing and visiting that I forgot to take any pictures. (The frequency of my picture taking could rival the frequency of my journal writing these days!)
My immediate family stayed for the whole weekend. Our hotel rooms had little private balconies that overlooked the Idaho Falls Temple. What a beautiful view to start and end each day with! On Saturday night, there were fireworks across the river (near the temple), which made me really happy since they were the first actual fireworks I have seen all year! I even managed to get a pretty decent picture of the finale.

I spent Sunday morning trying to help Mandy comfort poor Kambrie, who had gotten sick. We even ended up taking her to a doctor there, and found out that she had an ear infection. She was so sad and lethargic while we were waiting for her prescription to be filled (could have had something to do with her 103+ fever). I was sitting on a bench holding her when she said "My...sick." in a very sad little voice. It about broke my heart! Luckily, after giving her some medicine she perked back up. Sunday afternoon got really stormy, so we just stayed inside at the hotel and went swimming for a little bit.
I took this picture at sunset after the storm. I love the colors!
On Monday morning, Mom, Mandy, and I took Breklin and Kambrie to bear world. It was really fun to see how excited they were about all of the animals. A couple of the bears got really close to our car, and one almost backed right into the side of the car!
Misty, Breklin, and Kambrie on a ride at Bear World.
After Bear World, we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa's house for one last little visit, and then we headed home. I was driving one car with Mandy and the girls, and my parents were following us in another car. On the drive home, we were listening to the "Newsies" soundtrack, and Breklin decided she liked one of the songs so much that we had to listen to it over and over again. She and Kambrie were even dancing to the song in their car seats. Mandy got it on video and it is hilarious. And it made the long drive home pretty entertaining. I was laughing so hard I thought I might get pulled over for drunk driving. Thank goodness all of the Highway Patrolmen we saw (and there were a lot of them) were already occupied by other drivers!
Thanks for reading this very long post. I think you are caught up for now...I'll keep you posted. (Pun intended.)


1 comment:
Good post!! Now, I need to try to play catch-up on my blog!! I still haven't even posted Lagoon yet!! HELP!!!
Post a Comment