Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In The Dark Of The Night

Confession time (again):  I have anxiety issues.  Sometimes I get really anxious over insignificant things.  Occasionally I get anxious and don't even know why.  That happened to me a few minutes ago.  When I get anxious at night I have a hard time sleeping, usually have crazy dreams, wake up with my jaw hurting (when I'm stressed out I clench my teeth), and wake up feeling like I never slept.  I don't know why problems/stressors seem so much larger at night than during the day.  So while I'm trying to calm down enough to go to bed and hopefully sleep here are a few random facts for you:

*  The word "psyche" means the human soul, spirit or mind.  It has also been used as a female given name.  Dear Mom and Dad:  Thanks for not naming me Psyche!
*  When you yawn it is because there is too much carbon dioxide  in your lungs and not enough oxygen.  The only link scientists can see between being tired and yawning, is that when you are tired your breathing is more shallow, causing your lungs to lack the oxygen they need. 
*I just remembered my dream from last night.  It was weird.  It involved sitting in a class with a person who had no personal space boundaries.  At least he was attractive.  But it was still weird.
*I'll award ten points to anyone who knows where tonight's title comes from. 

Well, I'm feeling much more relaxed now, so I'm off to bed.  Sweet dreams, all.  And by all I mean the one person who might still read my blog.  :)

3 comments:

The Shegrud Family said...

So, I don't know where your title comes from, but I just thought I'd let you know I still read your blog faithfully!! Love ya!!

Brent and Shanna Farley said...

Hope you got some sleep and are feeling better!!! :)

Brian and Amelia said...

I'm still a fan! :) And I don't know where it's from, but it sounds familiar!