--I'm too old to teach primary. This is my third straight year teaching the four year old class. They are naughty. I have run out of patience with the whining. I'm tired of seeing fingers in noses for two hours every week. I have a boy in my class this year that is a master whiner. Why I'm too old to teach primary: Last Sunday all of the kids were super wound up. Mr. Whiny said he hated coming to primary and he hated me. I responded in a completely bland and non-emotional way "That makes me sad." Didn't mean it one bit.
--I'm too old to keep up with technology. My palm pilot died and my cell phone was having issues, so when it was time to renew my contract, I decided to get a Blackberry. It took me 24 hours to figure out how to send a text message. The first night I had the phone alarms went off all night long depriving me of much-needed sleep. Took me until the fifth alert around 4:30 in the morning to figure out how to turn off the alerts. Why I'm too old for technology: I've had this new phone for 2 1/2 weeks and I need tutoring.
--I'm too old to work. I used to work 40+ hours a week, stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning and play with friends all weekend. Why I'm too old to work: I barely make it home at the end of the day, eat a little dinner and then I'm useless. Friday night used to be a party. Now my idea of the perfect Friday night is eating dinner, watching TV or reading for a couple hours, and then going to bed early.
I'm sure I will add to this list later, but right now I'm feeling too old! ;)
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment